Very Yummy Veggie Nuggets
2 large zucchini, grated
1 large potato, grated
½ carrot, grated
2 sprigs parsley, finely chopped
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon plain flour
½ cup grated parmesan cheese
½ cup breadcrumbs
Zest of ½ lemon
Olive oil cooking spray
Kids safe Knife
Oven trays and baking paper
Measuring cups and spoons
Heat oven to 200°C.
1. Line baking tray with baking paper
2. Grate vegetables and squeeze out liquid from zucchini and potato in a clean tea towel
3. Finely chop parsley
4. Zest lemon
5. Add egg and flour to bowl with vegetables along with the parsley and mix to combine.
6. Mix breadcrumbs (or quinoa flakes for gluten free option), lemon zest and parmesan on a large plate.
7. Shape small balls of mixture into nuggets and roll in breadcrumb mixture.
8. Place nuggets onto tray.
9. Spray nuggets with cooking oil and cook for 25 minutes approximately, turning halfway until golden and cooked through.
10. Enjoy with some sweet potato wedges.
About the Author
Karen Koutsodontis – The Travelling Kitchen
Karen is a qualified food technology teacher, with more than 10 years’ experience, teaching food to secondary students. Karen now runs The Travelling Kitchen, where they love teaching about food and healthy eating to students after finding that many students arrive at secondary school with limited knowledge of what food and healthy eating is all about. Karen believes that preparing and eating healthy food should follow us through our entire life, so why not start teaching preschool and primary school children from day dot how to cook and choose healthy foods?
Karen champions empowering children to look after their health and bodies from a very young age.
Find out more about The Travelling Kitchen.