Chicken and Greens Sausage Rolls
(Makes approximately 12 small sausage rolls)
250 grams minced chicken
6 asparagus stalks
4 spring onions
1 piece celery
1 sliver beat leaf
2 broccolini stems
¼ cup breadcrumbs
½ cup ricotta
½ cup tasty cheese
4 sundried tomatoes
Salt pepper to taste
3 sheets puff pastry
½ cup milk
Kid safe knife
Measuring spoons and cups
1. Preheat oven to 180° degrees
2. Place chicken in large mixing bowl
3. Remove stem from silver beat, top and tail spring onions, tail broccolini and asparagus.
4. Finely chop asparagus, spring onions, celery, sliver beat, broccolini, sundried tomatoes
5. Add chopped vegetables, cheeses, bread crumbs to chicken
6. Season with salt and pepper
7. Mix thoroughly
8. Cut pastry into four squares
9. Add spoonful of mixture along one side of square
10. Using your fingers dipped into water, brush around the edges and then roll to seal
11. Whisk egg in small bowl and then brush over pastry.
12. Place rolls onto baking trays lined with baking paper
13. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake in oven for approximately 15 minutes or until golden brown.
About the Author
Karen Koutsodontis – The Travelling Kitchen
Karen is a qualified food technology teacher, with more than 10 years’ experience, teaching food to secondary students. Karen now runs The Travelling Kitchen, where they love teaching about food and healthy eating to students after finding that many students arrive at secondary school with limited knowledge of what food and healthy eating is all about. Karen believes that preparing and eating healthy food should follow us through our entire life, so why not start teaching preschool and primary school children from day dot how to cook and choose healthy foods?
Karen champions empowering children to look after their health and bodies from a very young age.
Find out more about The Travelling Kitchen.