(Makes approximately 6 serves)
1 packet egg noodles
1 cup peas
4 spring onions
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon curry powder
2 tablespoons kecap manis (sweet Indonesian soy sauce)
1 tablespoon lime juice
Coriander to serve
Kids safe knife
Safety Food Peeler –
- Cover noodles and peas with boiling water for 5 minutes (adult job). Drain and set aside.
- Slice spring onions and mushrooms finely.
- Grate carrot and zucchini
- Dice capsicum.
- Heat sesame oil and curry powder in frypan.
- Add all vegetables, other than the peas.
- Add kecap manis and lime juice and stir though.
- Add noodles and toss through for 2 minutes.
- Remove from pan.
- Place into containers and tear pieces of coriander to garnish the dish.
About the Author
Karen Koutsodontis – The Travelling Kitchen
Karen is a qualified food technology teacher, with more than 10 years’ experience, teaching food to secondary students. Karen now runs The Travelling Kitchen, where they love teaching about food and healthy eating to students after finding that many students arrive at secondary school with limited knowledge of what food and healthy eating is all about. Karen believes that preparing and eating healthy food should follow us through our entire life, so why not start teaching preschool and primary school children from day dot how to cook and choose healthy foods?
Karen champions empowering children to look after their health and bodies from a very young age.
Find out more about The Travelling Kitchen.