Rickety Ricotta Gnocchi
3 cups ricotta
1 cup semolina
1 ¼ cups plain flour
1 tsp salt
To serve – pasta sauce, parmesan, parsley
Kids Food Knife
Safety Food Peeler
- Measure out ingredients
- Place all ingredients into mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add flour until combined
- Divide mixture into small balls
- Lightly flour a chopping board
- Roll dough into a finger thick roll
- Cut rolls into little pillows and press with fork to create shape (if you wish)
- Add the gnocchi to pot of boiling water (adult job). Stir once gnocchi in saucepan to prevent sticking to the bottom of pot.
- Cook until the gnocchi start floating to the top, approximately 2 to 4 minutes.
- Remove with slotted spoon and serve immediately with your favourite pasta sauce.
About the Author
Karen Koutsodontis – The Travelling Kitchen
Karen is a qualified food technology teacher, with more than 10 years’ experience, teaching food to secondary students. Karen now runs The Travelling Kitchen, where they love teaching about food and healthy eating to students after finding that many students arrive at secondary school with limited knowledge of what food and healthy eating is all about. Karen believes that preparing and eating healthy food should follow us through our entire life, so why not start teaching preschool and primary school children from day dot how to cook and choose healthy foods?
Karen champions empowering children to look after their health and bodies from a very young age.
Find out more about The Travelling Kitchen.