Ricotta Pancakes With Yoghurt, Banana And Honey
2 cups self-raising flour
1 teaspoon bicarb of soda
1/8 teaspoon of salt
4 tablespoons caster sugar
1 cup fresh ricotta
2 cups skim milk
50g unsalted butter, melted
1 lemon, rind grated, juiced
Oil spray, to fry
Sliced bananas, yoghurt and honey, to serve
Measuring cups and spoons
1. Sift the flour, soda and salt into a bowl.
2. Stir in sugar.
3. Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl (adult supervision required)
4. Grate the rind off the lemon and juice it (adult supervision required)
5. In a separate bowl, combine the ricotta, milk, melted butter, lemon rind and juice, beating well until smooth.
6. Gradually whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients to form a smooth batter.
7. Turn on the electric frypan (adult job) and spray with cooking spray.
8. Pour in 1/4 cup batter to form the pancakes.
9. Cook 4 pancakes at a time over medium/high heat for 3 minutes or until bubbles appear over the surface, then flip over and cook for 1-2 minutes (adult supervision).
10. Note the pancakes do expand so do not place them too close to one another.
11. Serve hot with a spoonful of yoghurt, banana slices and some honey.
About the Author
Karen Koutsodontis – The Travelling Kitchen
Karen is a qualified food technology teacher, with more than 10 years’ experience, teaching food to secondary students. Karen now runs The Travelling Kitchen, where they love teaching about food and healthy eating to students after finding that many students arrive at secondary school with limited knowledge of what food and healthy eating is all about. Karen believes that preparing and eating healthy food should follow us through our entire life, so why not start teaching preschool and primary school children from day dot how to cook and choose healthy foods?
Karen champions empowering children to look after their health and bodies from a very young age.
Find out more about The Travelling Kitchen.